View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The next step(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I've got the cork coming as well and I've talked to Diver Dan who will cut down a few rings for me if need be, thanks Dan!

I'm thinking about a two color wrap, black and green together for the guide wraps. A tipping wrap at the ferrule and stripping guide. Any thoughts on the double thread guide wrapping? I know it will difficult at best the closer to the tip.
You're welcome.

I have really good tricks for doing more than one color in a wrap. Including one that the colors fade from one to the other, but that one requires more than one thread tensioner. I generally do little thin accents at the ends of the guide wraps all the way to the tip. changing colors from one to another isn't hard if it's a clear change. Get a good ruler (64ths of an inch) so the change hits the same spot on each wrap of the same size guide. There is also a good trick I can show you for little those thin accents. This is green/black classic twist with thin mettalic blue accents
Click the image to open in full size.