View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The next step(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
But I was having a couple beers with my buddy tonight. He is a carpenter, woodworker and has a nice shop. I told him about my project and about the drill lathe mount I wanted to build. He's a creative thinking guy and said, "why not use a router? make a plywood mount and just screw the router into it?" It would stand rigid, take a 1/4" chuck and run at variable speed you set it to. I love this idea! I was ready to buy a used drill and construct a mount to hold it. I've not seen anyone use a router as a grip lathe. I'm going to try it!
Dean: Interesting concept about using a router, post some photos when you get to that step in the build, it will be interesting to see how this part of the project goes.