Thread: Pitt River area
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 PM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pitt River area

thanks...I guess here is a reason that lodge upstream is so darn expensive...I can see roads all around...and a few small structures...so cant they be accessed by a pu truck??also a hatchery...that has to be gotten to by vehicles...the bridge that crosses gets to the state park somehow too...I see several places that the roads go very close to the river...and there are google pics of other anglers fishing there...maybe they took boats up from the river mouth??...

I suspect that there is a way to access from land??those logging trucks get in and out...unless the river property's are posted...there should be a way to fish there...maybe even pay out some cash to be able to park on someones property...

I dont need a guide...half the fun is figuring it out myself...I have guided for years in CO and other locales...fly fishing and big game too...I might just trailer a small v hull and launch it somewhere nearby...and just fish from banks that you can moor or beach a boat at...but I still haven't given up on getting there by truck...those other vehicles cant go anywhere I cant...that is unless its illegal...I did see a few cabins...maybe they are for rent??more research is needed...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/