View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:44 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: New furled leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeway View Post
I tried three of four different spiral leaders from different makers, and all of them kept the spirals and didn't lay down flat on the water. When I tried to straighten them out, they just kept un-raveling until they were un-useable.

I think I must have somehow ruined them, because a lot of reputable people on this board swear by them. I gave up tring to make them work for me. I have no complaint with the leaders I use (either tapered or home-made knotted leaders).
What is a spiral leader? Are you talking braided leaders or furled maybe?
I have never seen a well built furled leader have a memory. No coiling just pull it out of the packaging and it drops to the floor straight as an arrow.