View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The next step(s)

I really like the "fade" idea you've done. Seems like it might be harder on a "small" 9' rod where none of the wraps are very long. I'm gonna do some practice wraps tonight and see what I can come up with.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Be careful with the router set up, a Sherline 4400 turns at 70 to 2800rpm a router blows that away make sure you have a solid head stock and your mandrel can handle that speed. For context while testing my home made beveller, different application I know, I shot a strip of bamboo through a plaster wall!
Maybe that's why I've never seen or heard of anyone using a router!

But it is variable speed, and you can turn it on then slow it down and it stays there, unlike an old variable speed drill that you have to gerry-rig the speed with a zip tie over the trigger.

We'll see, I'll be careful when setting it up. Thanks for the warning.