View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:11 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did you go two hand?

Thanks to this section and some personal guidance from Dan I am on my way to my first Spey setup! I'm looking foward to the benefits of the long rod such as ease in casting distance and throwing Clousers easier. I don't intend to make it my only outlet but am excited about the change.
Having told my son about this I was surprised to hear that he thought that I would never go this route. When I explained to him that many guys have he gave me the "yeah right" look. So on our recent steelhead outing I told him to look at the others on the river and I think he was really surprised that 9 out of ten guys were using Spey set ups. So at this point I got his approval ( not that I needed it!)
After making these observations we both realized in this situation there was an underlying reason for all this Spey action. Basically they were all chucking and ducking with out the need to duck! All had the largest of thingamaboobbers on and maximum amount of lead. The speys made the process of tossing this conglomeration easy.
I then explained to my son that this is not the reason I want to learn to use the Spey and that I just want the new experience and the prospect of more distance!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser