View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Already talking about the salmon run

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks3436 View Post
Hey fellas. Im new to this forum and some different types of salmon and steelehead fly fishing around the Salmon river. Im currently deployed yet again to Afghanistan and am trying to get all my flies tied and geared up again for the upcoming runs this fall. I grew up fishing with my uncle in Alaska for chinook and coho and baisicly applied the same stratagies to the northeast and came out fairly successful but not exactly where I want to be. I know that every area has its must fish this way with this and that kinda mentality going on and was wondering if you fellas might be able to throw me a few tips to get me up to par. Ive heard a lot about estaz eggs and egg sucking leeches which go hand in hand down there for salmon and steelies. Also, any advice on line and leader and tippets?

Steelheading is not my forte'. But welcome and thank you for your service and standing on the wall for us!!