Thread: Coyote fur.
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coyote fur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
It's a shame you haven't Tanned any......I think if you did Tan any Good Skins you get there would be a market for it,also they would make beaut Matts & Rugs.
Brian
There is a market for it, in fact a good skin used to get a pretty good bit of change if it was the right kind. Montana Blue Coyote used to be spendy. Not sure now days. There used to be a pretty good market for skeletons. You could skin them and bury them in burlap and chicken wire. We used to use a bug box or sand and water boxes for doing it when I worked at the museum. We did a big Leatherback Sea Turtle by burying it in a friends yard that worked there. We did a Rino that had a fatal 'mating' encounter with another Rino at the zoo. That was the smelliest thing ever. We did a smaller Gray Whale in a big sand box. Before my time there so I can't testify to how bad that one smelled. There's all kinds of things you could use them for. Teeth for Native American jewelry. If you got a good one I'll bet there are taxidermists that would love to get them. Taxidermy schools if you have one in the area.