View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planing a trip to COLORADO...help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Off hand I'd say Breckenridge/Frisco area. There are a number of places to ski in that area and there is a Nordic Center for cross country right by Lake Dillon. For fishing if you're here in the winter it probably means tailwaters. The Blue right below Lake Dillon is right there.
That is where I grew up and this time of year unless you are willing to fish in seriously cold cold cold weather, that is not the place to go. Even if you are tough enough, your wife will hate you. Great place to ski and snowboard but I'd go back down the mountains to fish. The flatlanders have a lot better weather.

One more thing, that is right around 10,000 feet above sea level. I don't know what you are used to but LONG distance running is probably also out of the question. Lastly, be careful how much you drink up there. What you can handle drops with altitude. OK, actually lastly, some people get altitude sickness that high. If anyone starts having trouble get them back down the mountain.