View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Recommended Fly Line for a Slow/Moderate Slow Rod

You say the rod is soft and you can tell that by casting a 5 wt line on it.....but what I don't get is the problem? With the 5 wt line, is the rod folding up on you with only a few feet of line out?

What is the rod NOT DOING that you want it to do?

A long time ago a fellow member here asked me if I liked casting off the tip of the rod or casting from the mid section. I didn't understand the question right away, but as I thought about it, I found that casting off the tip produces less feel and control for me than using the flex of the rod as my friend...and feeling the rod load deeply is enjoyable for me.

I have a 7'6" very slow glass 6wt and I still over line that rod. That rod is never cast over about 30 feet and like the way it feels loaded down the length of the rod.