Thread: Coyote fur.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coyote fur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I once fished a beach in Nova Scotia where there was a rotting dead whale.
The stink was so powerful that you could smell it at a distance much further than you could see
Of course I had to go look. Turns my stomach to this day
It is a horrible smell isn't it. When we did the Rino, you could take a shower and still stink. There was a guy doing fish skeletons in the bug box on the museum roof and that was nasty as well. When we did the big turtle, we left it buried for well over a year and then had a Turtle Daquiri Party. Everyone one went over and we had chips and drinks. Good fun till we got down to the turtle. It wasn't done yet. I have thought about doing a fish skeleton. They are pretty cool.

The way they did the whale was put in in a really big box with a liner and then covered it with sand. Then you fill it with water and every once in a while, pull the drain and put in new water.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
you can hear them cackling after a kill and I live right outside urban Akron.
I used to see them walking down sidewalks in Oceanside California when I lived there. I had three or four watch me while they walked down the side walk on the other side of the street as I walked the other side. They run around pretty openly in San Diego as well. The way they built the city is to flatten off the tops of the hills and build on those. There are essentially wild canyons running all through everywhere there. There is a ton of wildlife right in town. I had Deer tracks in my yard in Oceanside and I wasn't even on the edge of town. I have seen Mountain Lions there, all kinds of stuff. When nobody hunts or harasses them they get pretty bold. They also eventually hit a natural balance. Really have to watch the small pets though. One time a lady left a kid in a car seat while she brough the groceries into the house and came out to find a Coyote trying to drag the kid out of the car by his pampers. That kind of got the Coyotes in trouble for a while.