View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:00 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What Is The Difference...and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszy22 View Post
Regardless of what you want to call it, no one that I know makes any claims that it is anything revolutionary, new or previously untried. Quite the contrary, it is a style of fishing that is extremely simple and traditional.

It is probably not for everyone. I think it is analogous to the folks who shoot a long or recurve bow vs the folks who shoot compound or cross bows. As with reeled vs non-reeled rods, each offers something to those who use them. (When I say vs. I don't mean to imply that it is them against us, or that it has to be either one or the other. Some folks like to fish dry flys, some folks like to fish streamers, some folks like to use a reel, some folks don't. The differences are minor, there is much more in common)

I personally enjoy the simplicity, it really comes down to fishing with a stick, a string and a fly. That's how I got started fishing 50 years ago, I enjoyed it then, I enjoy it now.
I agree we all have at one time Fished with a String/Line on A stick,however I'm not knocking The Method as it's really The Simplest way to Fish & it's up to The Person to Fish whichever way they choose.
A mate of mine was in Japan years ago & bought back a Rod,I think he's only used it a couple of times,maybe I'll try it again one day as I see it would a good way to fish Small Streams,especially Rapids,a method used out here before The intruduction of Spinning Reels..
Brian