View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Material for Sucker spawn : Angora yarn vs Glo Bug yarn ?

I haven't fished or tied the Otter Eggs, but I do have some. I've heard that if you keep different colored eggs together in a box, they can bleed together. That makes me wonder if they could bleed onto other flies. Maybe that's been corrected with newer versions of the product?

I've had and fished Moe eggs and clear singles. I tied the singles with the colored glue sticks, bead underneath. I never did all that well with them, but those natural looking flies are ones to fish for low and clear water.

The Blood Dot is a staple of mine and if tied sparse gives off the translucency that you'd expect in an egg. I fish them during any water conditions, the natural colors are the go to's for low/clear. I also started to tie some of my Sucker Spawns and Scrambled Eggs with beads to help get them down in the zone.