View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: the realm of scotch

Lagavulin 16 Islay
Laphraoig 15 Islay
Taliskers 18 Isle of Skye
Cragganmore Speyside
Bowmore Islay
Dalwhinnie Highland
Glenfiddich 12 Speyside
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban Highland
The Macallan's 25 Speyside

Looks like I'm a Islay kind of guy.

This not in order of preference, and it is more than possible that I have put a couple of these with the wrong regions, and if I have, I want to express my deepest apologies to the single malt scotch gods.

These are just my current favorites. However, if I had to pick just one to drink for the next year, I think I'd have to go with the Mac 25. Or Lagavulin's 16.

Drinking single malt always brings memories or day dreams, sometimes both. Lagavulin seems to take me to a collage of several winter afternoons, that I spent in a cabin I rented by myself near Crested Butte, CO over twenty years ago. The sunlight was fading fast, almost running across the ground asthe snow flurries whipped down the mountain. I had gotten the fire going about twenty minutes before and sat in a chair near the hearth warming back up and looking out the window. The snow ticked like the tiniest grains of sand against the windows, The fire snapped its first snap, and I watched as the trees swayed with every gust of wind. I was warm and dry, a short glass of Lag in my hand, looking out at that cold, snowy, darkness. And I knew I could smell winter out there, and maybe even feel it. Perhaps even taste it in the smoky amber in that glass. Lag warmed my soul on those days when the sun could not.

Gotta love the smoke of the Islay.

Peace.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

Last edited by rangerrich99; 01-21-2013 at 01:10 AM.