View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Why did you go two hand?

I've recently picked up a Sage Graphite 3e 5120 and I plan on swinging nymphs (double and triple nymph rigs, etc) and small baitfish patterns (sculpins, etc). I also have a Meiser Highlander 'S' series 14' 9 weight on it's way that I plan on chucking meat with. All of these rods have Steve Godshall custom cuts on them.

I like to warm up to a rod (kind of like warming up to a girl before I try to take her home ). Both rods above, I would start off slow and get used to them before I started hammering single speys all day.

You could start off learning a few casts, such as the perry poke, snap t/c. These two casts will allow you get a feel for how a d-loop is form with two hands without blowing your anchor as easily. You could move into a snake roll and a double spey afterwards and then work your way into the physics of a single spey. These are just suggestions of course.

How fast is your current and is there a depth that you need to get down to? Are you fishing poppers/foam on the surface?