View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some Redfish help guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwb View Post
Keep in mind, Redfish in Florida are nothing like Redfish in Louisiana...

3' of visibility is crystal clear water for Louisiana standards...

You can throw natural looking stuff, but it is harder for you to see and the fish do not care...
Thanks Kory, that's why I was asking. I see these spin guys dragging lures behind huge orange floats and it doesn't spook the fish at all. So Clousers is all I need huh? Could it be this easy? I have boxes of Clousers and Half n Halfs already tied. Floating line is all I need? Maybe I'll build another 9wt, I have to feel like there's some sort of prep involved for this trip

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Marco: I'd definitely take Kory's advice on fishing for Redfish, but I thought you would get a chuckle at the prices of flies on this page:
Redfish Flies - Flies - Fly Supplies

Awhile back we had a thread that I think was titled "To Tie or Not to Tie", I think those prices make it pretty obvious which direction to go.
amazing isn't it Larry? The price of saltwater flies is the reason I started tying in the first place. I won't bother tying a WD40 when I can buy it for $.60 but a $5 Clouser???? Don't think so...