View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BEST/WORST Hookups...

Alrighty, I have already told the story on here, but I never posted the photo.

I was tying Clousers one day, and I had just finished one. When I tie them, I end with the barb up in the vice. I turned to grab something to the side of my fly tying table. In my usual graceful manner I snagged myself in the forearm with my freshly finished Clouser. I figured as long as it was in the vice I would just yank myself back off the hook. Instead I picked up my whole table. I guess I am built of tougher stuff than fish or I'm sure I'd never loose one. Well after that idea failed, I tried to do the mono trick, but I had forgot a couple of important details in doing it, like a second person really helps. So I resorted to pushing it the rest of the way through. I then crushed the barb down. Now ask me how well I think that works. I sure would not risk a Warden running it over a piece of wool. It still didn't want to come out. I finally gave up and cut the barb off. A brand new fly, shot.

Click the image to open in full size.