View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Targus Gary Borger light touch fly rod

Moucheur, Does one or both of these Targus series of rods feature the Formica foil paint job similar to the previous Albright EXS rods ( but in bronze rather than green)? I have it on good authority that they are more-or-less the same rods from the same fine Korean rod shop as the discontinued Albrights which were very good rods. If so the 8 1/2'/#4 is an outstanding model in the Albright version as is the #5 and #8.

Mojo, for sure I would call them and thank them for the "good deal" they gave you but say, "frankly, it is not what I had in mind." Exchange it for the above #4 or 5 and you may be much happier. Incidentally, (speaking of the Albright version) these rods are a bit on the fragile side and not appropriate for sunk line or lead weight applications but they cast with crisp authority, accuracy and are very communicative.