View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Targus Gary Borger light touch fly rod

Since I had these rods before the Fly Shop did, I think I can comment.

I had the opportunity to cast both the Pro series and Light Touch series during Gary's evaluation and tweaking of the rod tapers. After test casting the rods, Gary got me the rods at wholesale shipped by Targus to him. So I had the rods before any of the fly shops.

I actually like the rods so much I orders a second set of rods after fishing the originals. I think that speaks to how much I liked these rods. So I have 2 of the each of the Pro rods from 4 wt to 9 wt and 2 of each of the Light touch from 3 to 5 wt.

Each rod in the series comes withy two identical tip sections, since the tip is the section of the rod that is broken most often. The photos below show the extra tip section. As of yet I have not broken any of the Pro or Light Touch rods.

I am a huge fan of the Light Touch rods. During development of the 8.5 ft 5 wt Light Touch rods, Gary told me that it was the best 8.5 ft 5 wt rod he had ever casted.

Here is Gary casting that very rod, an entire WF 5 wt line in his back yard.

Click the image to open in full size.

Fly rod photos:

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy