View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Took a big step today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
That is awesome and I bet it puts a Gillette to shame!
It does if I do it with Obsidian. That stuff gets sharper than you can get surgical steel. I have demonstrated it to clubs like the 4-H, Boyscouts and stuff. They all do a serious "Oooo Ahhhhhhhh!" when I shave my arm hair with a piece of Obsidian. Another one that gets them going is making one out of the bottom of a bottle. I put a nail in the bottle head down and give it a few good shakes with my thumb over the top and the bottom pops off clean. Then I go at it with my tools and Viola! Arrowhead.

Here is one of my favorite ones I ever did. I make a lot of them after actual styles they used. This is a small true arrowhead called a Klickitat Dagger from the Pacific NW. I kept thinking the whole time I was going to snap it in half but I got it.

Click the image to open in full size.