View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 AM

jastrout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I value your opinion..please...

Hi nice problem to have. My two cents: Keep the CT rod as while not the same quality components as Orvis these rods have great tapers and at original $149 price was good deal and once discounted at Cabelas for $75 and elsewhere were stealing. I have casted the 9' Supertouch in both 4 & 5 weights and both are remarkable rods. The longer length would be better for nymph application just due to added length . But alot of folks can nymph just fine with 8'6" rods. I view the 10' plus rods as a specialize application length. Another new item for companies to move products . Guys who use them love them but not a necessary purchase for me. So back to your selection as always if you can cast the options it helps but if you want dry fly mainly go with the 8'6" length and alittle nymph application then the 9' and go with 4 weight rather than 8'6" 3. Just more versatile . One final comment while casting the both 9' rods in either the 4 or 5 weight they were one of those rods from initial cast you knew that matched your stroke dead on.For the price point I would get the Supertouch over the Sage Circa in a heartbeat.

Last edited by jastrout; 01-23-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Misspelled words