Thread: Snap hooks?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snap hooks?

I use them in my Pike leaders because I have steel in it. I have really heavy quick clips that work and have not had a problem with. I used lighter versions on leaders for Walleye before but if you do, make sure they are a good brand. I have had some that are good and ones that look just like them that suck bad. On Pike leaders I use small cross lock snaps and have never had one fail on a big fish yet.

Supposedly you can use the small quick clips on dry flies but not sure I would. As for nymphs and stuff like that I don't see a problem. If fish don't have a problem with the hook sticking out of the butt, I doubt they will have a problem with the much smaller clip hanging on the eye.