View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:29 PM

SugarKane Rods Ltd. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Members Please Read

Hello, My Name is Earle and I'm the owner of SugarKane Rods Ltd., here in California. This is my first time here and I really liked the site so I decided to join. I have been a bamboo rod builder for some time now and enjoy the sport of fly fishing very much. I have a cabin back east in a little town called Valleyhead, Wva ( 30 miles south of Elkins ) and go there often to fly fish the Elk, Tygart and Greenbriar Rivers. The fishing is some of the best I have ever experience there and the only place I have ever seen flyguys useing #32 flies. Its really an experience to get ahold of a 6-8pd brown on a #32 fly. I am in the process of writing a book as I speak about the Elk River and its many secrets. Hopefully it will be out in book stores by next spring. Between building bamboo rods for customers and writing, I only have little time to get out on the rivers. Last year I could only go once but it was fantasic. I went and fished the Truckee River up at Lake Tahoe here in California and had a blast.
Anyways, thats alittle about myself and hope to talk to everyone soon. Take care and Tight Lines