Thread: Abel Reels
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM

superflygirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abel Reels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
For years, I bought equipment that was middle of the line at best and it always did me just fine. Now I'm at a point where I can spend a little more and buy nicer gear and more gear that truthfully I don't NEED.

Buy what you can afford, what you need and enjoy your time on the water. That's what this sport is all about and over the last few years in particular I am focusing more and more on just being out there and doing it.
It's not what you "don't need" or do, that's not the point. Anyone can go out and buy a mid grade rod and reel and i'm sure it will work just fine. The point is to have something special. It's made in America unlike some of the competition that's made in China. The hand painted art work is magnificent, you just can't find that kind of stuff anywhere. I have an Abel reel and i wouldn't trade it for the world. Don't get me wrong its not just the 'pretty art work' that attracted me to Abel its the engineering, the workmanship and quality that comes along with it. It's not just the function of the equipment, it's the fact that you love what you have that makes it even more enjoyable.