View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost and Found fly reel

My brother in law paints cars for a living, as a gift to me he took my reel stripped and repainted it for my birthday present, the color was to be a surprise. On the way to my house for the birthday party he drove down to the river just to see if any trout were rising. They were, in his excitement to catch the fish on the rise and to try out my Ross Canyon reel he was in the process of wading into the water when the reel slipped from his hands to be lost in the current. Apparently the river was on the rise and as the Norfolk comes up so fast, he had to abandon the search to save life and limb. My sister said he was so distraught over loosing my reel that he immediately left town for a job in the North Dakota oil fields. The fly line was a pale yellow when given to him but I am certain he would have put a new line on before presenting it to me. Just the kind of guy he was. I truly hope this is my reel because if found he may decide to come home, which would be great news as my sister and his kids have moved in with us due to their being afraid to be left home alone.

Dave