View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dream Destinations......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee dave View Post
Idaho's Henry's Fork and the rivers around Bozeman, Montana have provide me with lifetime memories. I see no reason to ever go anywhere else. Many of my dreams have come true in those two locations.
Dave: I agree, there are so many great destinations right here in the U.S. Sure, if I won the Lottery I'd be going to Chile, Argentina, Mongolia, Kamchatka, New Zealand, back to Alaska, etc. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the fantastic fishing right here in the Rockies, down the road I want to travel for Redfish in LA and maybe some Tarpon in FL.

trout trekker: I found your post about fishing through the Sierra Range 40 years ago to be a very interesting concept. It reminds me of a podcast I was listening to the other day about Greenback trout back in the late 1800's on the Front Range of Colorado. At that time, the Greenback trout was so aboundant they would catch them by the 55 gallon barrel full or just fill up the back of horse drawn wagons and feed them to the mining camps. The size of fish was much larger than the trout you find today. Back then there was no thought about conservation and they almost wiped out that species.