View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tips For Buying Used Rods;

Hi derelict,

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict View Post
Would you buy a rod that was previously broken but repaired by the factory under warranty? Im looking at picking up a rod that had a broken tip but was reconditioned by the factory. It looks to be in as new condition but is a couple years old.
It's the " Reconditioned by the factory " that I find to be unusual language. If that's the sellers language, I'd ask for a clarification. Reconditioned vs. Tip Replacement.

Other than that, I'd have no problem with it, if it was a current or recently discontinued series. Since most of the big name companies replace the broken section and in some cases the entire rod.
I might want to inspect the rod before purchasing, just to check for gunwale scrapes or chips from fly or shot strikes.
At least the seller is being honest in telling you this about the rods history. They could easily have withheld that info and with the quality control that most of the name brands have with their warranty section replacements, you'd never have known.

Now if you're looking at this rod from a collectors point of view, I'd prefer it be all original.

TT

Last edited by trout trekker; 01-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.