View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please be specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
This post brings up what is for me, an important issue.

I also think that few questioners ever think of using the search function before asking their question. I don't mean that as a criticism. That is human nature. Consider that number of times we have answer the beginners kit vs no kit question for newbie fly tiers.
It's not just this type of subect either.

Reel to balance a rod

What rod

What reel

What line

Most of this stuff is either more easily answered on your own and makes little sense to ask in the first place. You are likely to get very conflicting answers, so where do you go with those? The 'what reel to balance' thing is rediculous and we have had about 50 of those over the last year or two. I guess Archimedes is a forgotten person, as are his teachings. If you look back through the "What's the worst rod?" thread you can see what a waste of time a 'what rod' question is.

One of the skills required to make you a great fisherman and not just another one of the crowd is the ability to make a decision on your own. This is what keeps guides in business I guess.