View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Material for Sucker spawn : Angora yarn vs Glo Bug yarn ?

The profile is spot on Ben, nicely done! Your color choices are right on, thanks for posting the photos. Pale pink, cream and peach are my top producers but it's good to have some hot colors in the mix for higher flows when the water has some turbidity to it.

I tie mine with 4 distinct loops of the yarn. Using the 3 single strands of the 1 cut of angora separated also makes it easier to get another loop in the tie. I like to tie my eggs sparse so they drop down in the zone a little easier, but it doesn't hurt to have a few in the box that have a little more material in them. Sometimes that can be advantageous.

I tie my Krystal Meth/Krystal Spawn with 4 loops of diamond braid coming off the shank also and only with one cut of diamond braid. When I see these in the shops or online, they're mostly done with 2 or 3 strands and that's just too much material to suit me.