View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 AM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A fly tying question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Who decided that Sally Hansen Hard as Nails was the official substitute for commercial head cement ??

I've used half a dozen different brands of clear nail polish (including Sally's) and if there's any difference, I'm sure that it ain't much
My only stipulation nowadays is that it cost a dollar or less.

I actually use a lot of Krazy Glue. When tying saltwater flies they get a drop after almost every step.
I don't think that there is such a thing as an "official substitute". Any more than one could claim that there is an Official Head Cement.

It doesn't appear that anyone here has posted anything which refers to an official. Can you quote something specific?

I use it and other brands also, because a Fly Tyer suggested it. I don't know the other brand names, but I don't think the cosmetic industry is being slighted in any way. It's kind of like saying, "Scotch Tape" or "Kleenex". Everyone gets it.

Also, someone just created a discussion topic about "being specific" and since people do expect something specific, it is helpful to just name a thing.

If anyone knows of another brand, I will happily buy it. It don't make no nevermind to me.