View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:57 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Switch: Facts or Myths?

So if I read Diver Dan correctly.... for surf I am probably looking at either a regular fly line or a shooting head with something like Amnesia running line? And then for Steelhead waters probably a Skagit or maybe a Scandi? Geez, what a learning curve. Still need to get the rod built and buy me reel.

But the up side of all this is I get more toys. Doing a barter deal: a Bamboo blank for a Sage "One" 11'6", 7 wt. blank. Have the Titaninum seat coming and am headed to the studio to turn the insert right now. Then if you're going to have a Sage, you have to buy an Abel Switch reel in matching colors. Too much money for fly fishing? Probably, but since I build my own Bamboo rods I don't have a ton of money invested in fly fishing. And it will be a once in a lifetime combo.

Thanks for fueling the addiction .

Pete

Last edited by petee; 01-27-2013 at 06:02 PM.