View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Other Places Similar To What I Have Now?

Quote:
keep going south to the ozarks...
Absolutely. NW arkansas or SW Missouri would be what you describe.

World class trout fishing in each place, along with superb warmwater fishing in the lakes and streams, particularly largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, striped bass/white bass/wipers. Good catfishing in Missouri, too.

Great scenery, too.

The eastern Ozarks are easily accessible from St. Louis. Columbia area would give you similar opportunities, as would Kansas City.

I'll plug my home state:

If you wanted to be close to a major river, I'd live in the Kansas City, Kansas area for access to the Kansas and Missouri rivers. Look to SW Missouri as a getaway place. Kansas has highly underrated warmwater fishing and living is good--low crime, low taxes, decent schools etc. Several Kansas reservoirs and lakes are close to KC. Truman Lake and Lake of the Ozarks are reasonably close on the Missouri side and many in KC use them for weekends, especially LOZ. World class trout water is 3.5 hours away at Branson, MO and Bennett Spring State park, while heavily used, offers trout fishing about 2 hours away.

Last edited by Flyfisher for men; 01-28-2013 at 08:40 AM.