Thread: Simms Waders
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Simms Waders

I can't speak for whether the G3s are a better buy, however, I have had the Headwaters for the past two years and I can say that they are a very good pair of waders.

They are very breathable, and pretty darn abrasion/puncture resistant. So if you're going to be stomping through heavy brush, these waders will be more than adequate. If you're going to be sitting in a tube or a boat, I'd suggest spending a little less for more comfortable waders. In my situation, I spend more time in my tube than stomping through brush, so I have a set of LL Bean Emergers for the tube, and use the Simms for bushwhacking.

A couple of items: they are cut pretty close, so they are not baggy, like many other waders. If you plan on layering, you may only get a couple layers under these things. Also, they are pretty stiff out of the box at the knees, so you might need to break them in before embarking on that three mile hike upstream.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark