View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice
Default What a start to the 2013 season!!!!

i'm still shaking from my fishing trip today! i had a day of vacation to burn at work so i took it today with the expected highs in the 60's. it was mostly overcast so i just decided to not target any specific fish...just go and have fun. i grabbed my TFO 5wt. with an Allen trout reel and drove 2 miles to the nearest creek. i went straight to alot of my familiar panfish/crappie pools. no luck at any, so i headed upstream working a crawdad pattern most of the way. i caught 2 small bass and then i cast near a log jam. let my fly dead drift and suddenly it turns sharply to the right. i immediately lift on the line and it doesnt really budge...but it feels like im dragging in a limb or branches from the jam. all of the sudden, i see a flash of metallic green!! then the fight is on! i work the fish for about 3 minutes and let it wear down since i only have 3x on the end of my furled leader! finally after what seemed like forever i landed this beauty and thanked the Good Lord for the awesome experience. i then strung her up temporarily and called my wife to come down the road and take some pics. after that we made sure she was revived and off she went

Click the image to open in full size.

the awesome bug that did the deed