Thread: Hip waders?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hip waders?

I will be getting a pair of hip waders soon. I want a pair to use for launching my kayak on the colder mornings during the fishing season so that I can easily take them off when it warms up. I also figure I can use them for double duty on the occasions I decide to do some stream fishing. A lot of the streams around here don't get too deep, so I figure the hip waders would be the best compromise. I too am looking at the Chota Hippies, but I have not seen many reviews for them (OK, actually only one review, but it was at least positive). All else fails I am going with a pair of Cabela's Three Forks stocking foot hip waders. Since the main use would be launching and getting out of my kayak I figure that even a less durable pair should last a while. The important thing is being able to get out of the easily while in my kayak, which pant waders would probably not work well with, and chest waders no way.

Be that as it may, I do know at some point I will need to get an actual pair of chest waders. I do want to try more trout fishing in streams (I am a warm water pond/lake guy right now), probably even in neighboring states like Vermont, so I don't think a pair of hip waders are going to be able to do everything I will need them to.