View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing Midge Nymphs.... Need some help!

When I fish midges under the surface, I don't fish them much different than I do any other nymph. When flies aren't working for me, I keep rotating through and find one that does work. This of course assuming I've got enough shot and the right depth for the indy. You might try some of the indicator putty from Airflo if you can find it and skip the indicator, or try a more subdued color. My favorites are white or glow in the dark.

A few questions to ask:

How much tippet do you have between the two flies?

How much shot are you using and where is the placement of the shot? Are you sure you're hitting bottom?

How long is your leader?

If you switched to other nymphs are you having any luck and do you know that you're in a location that holds fish?