View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod weights and Common Cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
got line for the rod based on the designated markings and it's not true to the marked weight. Certain manufacturers are better than others with this of course.
I tried my Winston and it's pretty close. I have some rods I made from top end AM. Tac. Blanks made before they went to cheaper blanks. Those are all pretty close to what they should be. My 5 is a dead on 5. Then you have rods like Sage who is notoriously under marked. Their 5 preformance rod is almost an 8. I wish the old rod data sheet was still on the web. It had a lot of rods like Cabelas and White River you don't have on the SexyLoops Data Base. If I had known it was going to be lost I would have copied the whole thing.

Last edited by Guest1; 01-30-2013 at 12:12 AM.