View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: 7 weights....why no love?

I wonder how many 7wts out there, when weighed with the common cents method, are actually closer if not true 8wts? I'm a firm believer its all in the action and the casting stroke, think about how many use a 5wt to chuck some pretty heavy nymph rigs. Its not a graceful cast but adjustments are made to the casting stroke and tungsten beaded, lead wrapped, leader loaded with shot rigs are fished everyday. A 6wt with the proper action and casting stroke can throw a streamer the size of a grocery bag, same goes for the 8wt. In reality its all up to whomever is holding the cork and to me going up one line weight didn't make much difference compared to rod action and casting it right.