View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fishing Midge Nymphs.... Need some help!

I've always had trouble fishing midge nymphs unless I could spot the fish, as Only Adipose said these fish aren't moving so knowing exactly where its sitting is a big bonus. If you can't spot them then you really have to pound a spot to cover all the water. Sometimes a small zebra midge trailed behind a heavy bugger works pretty good. The bugger gets them looking and then they see a little morsel behind it they know isn't going to run away. If you can spot the fish then I fish one pattern 8" below the smallest shot that will get me in the fishes zone and no indicator and just watch the fish when it moves or flashes its trap open set the hook! Also just because its a food source that's always around doesn't always mean that's what they want to eat. This time of year in your area as well as mine the early black stones are around. Look for shucks along the banks and high rocks and log jams. This time of year I love to fish a #16 or even an 18 black softhackle swung in tight to the bank. I'm sure you know this but fishing Spring Creek means fishing close to the bank first, especially when the little black stoneflies are around. Its way mre fun than dead drifting the tiny stuff and the takes can be pretty exciting even in the cold water.