Thread: Simms Waders
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simms Waders

One more thing to add, the G4's have been updated for 2013 and are using a lighter Gore Tex material, so depending on size needed and availability, you might just find the 2012 models on sale for not all that much more than the G3's.

I've said it before, nothing I've tried breathes better than Gore Tex and that translates into comfort for me. I am often in my boots for 12 hours a day, so I appreciate the comfort the G3's provide me.

Outside of proper care which includes drying them inside and out, storing them out of the heat of a car, rolling them up, an occasional wash/DWR treatment, one of the biggest factors to durability is the fit. Get a pair that fits you right--whatever the brand--and consider the amount of layers you'd typically use when you buy them.