View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel Picture Thread;

I was rooting through some pictures and found these of what I would consider to be my favorite set up for trout fishing in my home waters. Sage ZXL 486-4 with an Abel pt.5 spooled with Airflow Ridge Tactical. I love this set up.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here's my Abel Von Behr Super 4N spooled with Rio Gold WF4. I can't tell exactly which rod I have it on because of the shadow but from the looks of the cork and reel seat it is probably my Sage SLT 490-4.

Here's my Abel Super 4N in HD Brown Trout. This is also on my ZXL 486-4 - this time lined with SA GPX Textured WF4 line for short casts in a very stiff breeze that day.

Abel Big Game 0 "ought" lined with SA Textured Trout Stalker WF3 wt. on a Sage 389-2LL

Sorry - couldn't resist that one caught on a nice sunny day with caddies all over the place. Fly tied by Jaybo41 and it's simply a deadly caddis imitation.