View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM

nick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Orvis Guide Sling Pack

The pack itself is not waterproof but I believe it is water resistant, much like the original sling pack. The product description online may be able to confirm. From the looks and my assumptions, I wouldnt worry about it in the rain or if it took a quick dunk. The main compartment is lined with material that is obviously water resistant, if not waterproof. There are also zippered pockets within the main compartment on both side that are made of the same lining and would provide additional protection.

As I mentioned in the review, the Gale Force Sling is another great Orvis pack that is solid waterproof. When I go float tubing I use that and keep in behind the backrest sitting in an inch or two of water, none has ever got in.

Additionally, there is always plenty of room within the Guide Pack to store a separately purchased waterproof pouch.

mcnerney: I was also hesitant about buying it and wouldnt do so online because I wanted to see and feel it first and get a real view of its size. My local store got it in stock recently and I was instantly sold. The bag itself is not heavy at all, and the strap and portion that hits your back is padded. I am a small guy (5'8'' and about 140lb) and it is in no way a burden to me when filled up with all my gear.

The right side strap that secures it when casting is a new addition that wasnt present in the other packs and is a really great feature.