View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fly Fishing & Tying Half Price Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
Still, a whole lot less expensive than ordering from Amazon!
I would think it depends actually. There would come a point where Amazon's free shipping would finally overtake HPB's deals with the shipping, but your point is noted. Alas the closest one to me is in Pennsylvania, a good 2 day drive away. Too bad really since I would gladly check these folks out.

I will say Amazon can beat almost anyone though, assuming you don't want new. I have gotten "Like New" books for as low as 1 cent (and with flat $3.99 shipping that makes $4.00.....not too shabby when a "new" version could go for as much as $25!) My best find to date was a copy of Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot listed in "good" condition for 2 cents. So with the shipping the book cost me $4.01. I got the book in....and it was still in it's origonal plastic wrapping! A brand new copy is running like $30 (or was at the time), and I paid $4.01 for brand new! I always browse the used dealer network on Amazon before I even consider going for the full priced version.