View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 AM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: How close is too close?

Most of the water I fish in Colorado is, fortunately, excellent water. People schedule their precious vacation time to come sample our rivers and lakes. Unfortunately, that means having to get used to large crowds, and the occasional jerk that can ruin your day if you let him. The great news is, I only encounter about one jerk fisherman a year, and I do tend to let Karma do its trick and choose not engage them. If I am in a high mountain stream, some place that you have to hike into and earn your keep, I will give any other fisherman I come across a very wide berth - I respect their desire for solitutde. If I am fishing the Dream Stream on a Saturday in September, I expect one person about every 50 feet. In those cases, I try not to disturb the water as much, walk well away from the edge of the river when changing holes, and keep my voice way down (unless I catch a hog, then it is hard to contain the joy!).