View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:35 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rod weights and Common Cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
Great information, but all this technical info confuses the hell out of me! I have a number of Sage rods and see from the "Sexy Loops Database" that Sage tends to be off the mark when designating weights on their rods and not alone in doing so. I take it that alot of rods could take at least 1/2 to 1 weight heavier than that shown on the rod. Some (few) hit the mark and some underweight the actual weight. Am I right or wrong?
You are right. I have rods that are right on, rods that are marked higher than they are, and rods that are marked lower than they are. Some are off by 1/2 a weight or less; some are off by two whole weights.

To add some more confusion, the lines have the same problem. Some are right on, some heavy. I don't think I've seen many that are lighter than marked.