View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Switch Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by petee View Post
For surf fishing, more than likely two handed over head casting, Pete
I found the easiest way to do it if you strip all the way back is to shake the line out of the rod till you get your maker at the tip, then perry poke and Lift the line hard and up so it becomes an in the air backcast and as soon as it straightens out, hit it and once it's going then release the running line. You can put a ton of line out there. If you don't need to strip all the way in you can just water load it and recast overhead. I'm not sure how far I can overhead cast my 15'ers but it's a really really long way.

I also should point out that it puts a lot of force on stuff. I used a factory woven mono loop for a long time without problems. It took all of two or three overhead casts to blow the loop open and send my fly and leader into parts unknown. I never found it. I don't use the factory loops anymore.
Click the image to open in full size.