Thread: silvertip spey
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default silvertip spey

here is a fly pattern a friend of mine in Ireland just came up with using some "homegrown" materials I swapped with him...he is very talented obviously...I just wanted to show you folks what can be done with some stuff from the ranch and field on the vise of a pro...he really blessed me with the name he gave it...

last year I joined the forum he is on in Ir. , and have been meeting new folks there...sort of a connection for me since my family comes from a spot pretty famous for angling and tying too...County Cork...

this pattern is a mix of materials from my ranch and harvests...and the same from over there...he emailed me a few days ago and told about the pheasant on his porch he had waiting to be skinned for the cape...and this is what came out of this union...and what he did with the stuff we swapped and his own...I think the peacock and tinsel are the exception...but all in all a very special tie ...

this is from Kenny...in County Kilkenny...he came up with and tied this pattern for his yearly spring trip to the "Dee River" for Atlantic Salmon...also to show me something done with some of my materials I collect.I know you will like it...ted

Click the image to open in full size.

Merriams wild Turkey fan for wing...
from a South Dakota harvest
white,amber and dark brown buffalo wool for body dubbing...
from my buffalo ranch in Colorado
blue eared pheasant & blue peacock breast for the hackles...
golden pheasant rump for the tail...
from some harvests in Ireland

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 02-02-2013 at 12:08 PM.