View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:30 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio's New Anti-Twist "Swivels"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I have never felt the need to use a swivel, but if I did, I could make those for about 40 cents a shot.
That was my immediate call too Dan. Ten bucks a pop is silly. That said, if you are getting twist in a fly line you're using a fly(s) that are bug gered (spinning). On the odd off that you get this issue just nip off the fly and strip off the line and let the river current do the job for you.

That's all that's needed with mono (and there you really can get line twist with a 'coffee grinder' type of reel).