View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:05 PM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about
Default Drying motor question.

So having given this a lot more thought I am thinking of maybe actually giving rod building a go. I am browsing equipment needed, and I think I can relatively easily build my own wrapping station. Seems pretty simple. What I am debating is the rod drying unit. First thought is buying a motor unit with a chuck (I see I can get one off ebay for about $22) and setting it up myself (I have never wired a motor before but figure that should be no issue). The other option is just getting a motor already wired and mounted. This option would only ad $10 or $15 more, but hey, it would be money saved in the end for other things. Any thoughts on this?

Also, the motors and units, etc. offered vary in motor speed. Anywhere from 6 RPM to 22-25 RPM. Does the revolutions speed matter in rod drying?

And one last question (for now ). I see there is a couple different chuck options. One uses three plastic screws, then there is another that uses 2 heavy duty rubber bands that center the handle. Do both work just fine, or one better than the other?