View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:50 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drying motor question.

I bought one off ebay, I believe it is 22 rpm or so. It was fairly cheap and it works well and the set-up was cake. Make the stand and support from scrap wood I had around. It has the three screws and I've liked it fine. The reel seat fits in there fine for the bottom section and the other sections I use dowels or sections of broken rods.

People do take motors off of small appliances but I didn't have any around and the $20 I spent seemed worth it. For RPMs, I'm not sure it matters much unless you're going to apply the finish to the wraps while the rod is turning. I did this on a couple rods and found I had a harder time applying it right. So I just apply it while the rod is on the wrapping stand and then put it on the dryer. If you want to finish the wraps on the dryer perhaps someone else knows the ideal speed you'd want.